The Cookanista’s Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
Do you love lasagna???? You know how great of a cook you are. Shoot!! Your girlfriends have been telling you for years you can do more than boil water and make ramen noodles. If you’re anything like me there is just not enough time in the day. Though we all wish to be Martha Stewart 7 days a week, it’s just not happening for some of us. We have too much to do!!!!. While a traditional spaghetti sauce lasagna may work if your family has 2 to 3 hours to wait for dinner on a school night. Some of us don’t arrive home until almost 6 p.m. and feel rushed, not to mention being exhausted. Your family needs something a little more time friendly with same Mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheeses and packs the same punch as your traditional lasagna. I promise this version of Lasagna will make you slap your mom, but I don’t recommend doing that!!! So moving right along.
Before you get started make sure you call home and tell someone over the age of 12 to Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly butter a 9 x 13 casserole dish. So this is what you’ll need.
1 container (16 oz) small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped or thinly sliced onion (if you don’t have time, don’t worry it will still be delicious)
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh baby mushrooms (Optional)
- 3 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken (from 2-lb chicken)
- 2 cups of fresh spinach or you can use cooked, but it’s just not the same
- 2 jars (15 oz each) of you favorite four-cheese Alfredo pasta sauce.
- 9 sheets rectangular instant lasagna noodles (7 1/8 x 3 1/2 inches
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella or Monterey jack cheese
In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until tender. Add mushrooms; cook until tender. Stir in chicken, roasted peppers and Alfredo sauce. Spoon about 2 1/3 cups chicken mixture in baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles, half of cottage cheese mixture and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 3 noodles, 2 1/3 cups chicken mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered 50 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
And get your dine on!!!!! I hope this works for you!!!! I cooked this tonight and still have time to work on my goals!!! Remember if the plan doesn’t work, change the plan not the goal!!!