It’s been an unbelievable year for Style Follows Her + CO and I am incredibly grateful! God has been growing my business in amazing ways and I’m humbled that I’m allowed this platform from which to share my voice and ideas with you all. Of course, with growth, comes some growing pains and throughout this year, honestly, there were more than a few times I ran myself ragged. Managing a business, working full-time, taking care of my loves and running a household takes a ton of energy, organization, hard work, and dedication. And while I am eternally grateful that I get to work full-time, run my own business, raise my children, travel, and contribute to my family, I’ve come to the realization that I can no longer operate successfully as a one-woman show. I’m ever so grateful for my current contributing beauty columnist Cormeshia Batty curator of www.shebatty.com, who is exceptional in her craft. She will continue to exclusively manage and write for our Beauty forum.
After much thought, I’ve decided to open up this space to contributing writers. Style Follows Her will still continue to deliver high quality, inspiring content, but I’m excited to expand our focus a bit (more on that later). There are some really exciting things on the horizon and I can’t wait to share them all with you, but for now, let’s focus on this new development:
Style Follows Her is now accepting applications for talented, creative, positive bloggers who have a passion for creating and sharing inspiring ideas and content, stunning photography, and being a part of a fun, collaborative community.
I’m thrilled about this new chapter and even more excited that I get the opportunity to work with YOU!
First and foremost, as a creative entrepreneur and small business owner myself, I believe we should be paid fairly for our work. Though what we do is often a labor of love, the time thought, effort, and heart that we pour into our work is valuable and worthy of monetary compensation.
That being said, these contributor positions will be paid. (As in, real cash money.)
There will be opportunities for exposure to this blog as well as my social media audience as an added bonus, but “exposure” is often a vague, unquantifiable, and misleading form of currency. Frankly, I don’t accept exposure as a form of payment, so I won’t be asking you to either.
WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR:
- Original, high-quality content that is inspiring, entertaining, and/or educational.
- Bright, clear, crisp photography that thoughtfully considers good lighting, composition, focus, and styling.
- Someone with prior experience with WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Posts are written with impeccable grammar, punctuation, and spelling, with a minimum of 250 words and 4-5 photos.
- Someone who is organized, timely, personable, and communicative.
- DIY & Home Decor (crafts, carpentry/woodworking projects, interior decorating, organization)
- Food & Drink (recipes, restaurant reviews/recommendations)
- Lifestyle (travel, fashion, beauty, parenting, military life is a plus!)
- Fashion (Styling Tips & Trends)
POST SCHEDULING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Monthly, for 6 months
- Bi-Monthly, for 3 or 6 months
- Quarterly, for 1 year
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Contributors will be paid per post. Payment will be negotiated dependent upon the scope of the content.
- Promotion on The House of Style Follows Her social media channels including Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Your photo, short bio, blog URL, and contributor posts will be listed in the “My Team” section.
- Mentorship, guidance, support, and community. Building a strong tribe is an integral part of this blogging journey and having learned so much from a handful of amazing people who have been very generous with their time, expertise, and insight, I fully believe and try to live out the idea that “a rising tide lifts all ships” and I’d love to share my knowledge and experience with you.
- Potential brand sponsorships.